Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SECOND INTERVIEW ON WHOHUB



Interview with:
Elizabeth J Van Amelsvoort [ejvanam]

CULTURE

What do you currently have in your MP3 player?

Mainly country and classic rock. I prefer music that you can relate to, songs with some kind of meaning to them and are more "real" Music that "makes you think"

What books are you currently reading?
I just finished reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and getting ready to read New Moon.

What is that special film you never tire of watching?

I actually have two favorite movies, Grease and The Postman, I can watch those two over and Over and still enjoy them everytime.

Do you believe there is excessive sex and violence in the media?
Definitely and I personally believe the amount of sex and violence in our media is creating a Society for our young people, where they believe they can get away with anything.

What were your favourite subjects when you were in primary/secondary school?
I would have to say English, Art and music. I always enjoyed writing short stories and poetry which made english fun for me. Drawing was something else I enjoyed doing in my spare time and music is another on of my great loves

Do you think video games, chat rooms, etc. have a dangerous addictive effect on teenagers?

Most definitely, teens these days spend more time playing video games and talking in chat rooms then anything else. Most don’t even spend as much time on their school work. The video games Of today consist of guns, knives, gangs and other sources of violence and quite honestly it is giving Teens ideas, that they are unbreakable. There is more street violence in our society today then Ever before and most of the ideas these kids have, they’re getting from the amount of Violence in video games and seen on television and in the media. These violent games, seem to consume our young people and it is creating a society filled with violence and crime.

© Elizabeth J Van AmelsvoortWeb address for this interview: http://www.whohub.com/ejvanam

No comments:

Post a Comment