Friday, April 24, 2009

LIVE INTERVIEW WITH CARMEN DANIELSON


Carmen Danielson- Live Author Interview’s from NY

Good morning Elizabeth, we’re glad you could be with us today to talk to us about you and your books.


Thank you, I’m happy to be here.

How long have you been writing?

I’ve actually been writing most of my life. As a child I enjoyed writing poems and short stories and had several pen pals I wrote to weekly. It was always a great passion of mine, however I never got really serious about my writing until around age 21 and I’ve been writing steady ever since.

What got you started in the writing field?

Nothing really got me “started” so to speak. It was just something I loved doing and I wanted to continue on with and see where it took me.

You released a new children’s book in April, can you tell us a bit about it?

Yes April 2nd I released Wally Waddles. This was actually a children’s poem I’d written years ago, that I decided to turn into a children’s book. It’s actually based on myself and my children. Years ago, we had a pair of ducks that made a home at the end of our yard. We took care of them and they returned every spring and would even come right up on our porch to let us know they were there. My children and I all enjoyed having them around, they became almost like family pets after a while. So it’s a children’s story about Wally the Mallard duck, the mate he came back with one spring and the ducklings they later raised together.

You have another children’s book coming out in May, what can you tell us about this one? And when is it’s expected release date?

Watch me grow, is expected to be released on May 5th. This is an actual story of rabbit growth and development with actual photos taken by myself. At the time I photographed this book, I owned a rabbitry of my own here in London, so photographing the story was easily done. It’s a story of Hopi the dutch rabbit, from right before birth to six weeks of age. Kids can follow Hopi’s adventure and at the same time actually learn a little bit about how a rabbit grows.

Are you writing anything new right now?

Yes I am currently working on a brand new series for children. I will not get into details on this series but am very excited about it. I have the first few editions written and the first should be released this summer.

We understand you have a short poetry book to be released this year as well, can you tell us when we can expect to see it and maybe something about it?

ONE VOICE should be released by June of this year. It is a small collection of poems I’ve written over the past little while. Most them are written from personal experiences and experiences I have some how been a part of in my life. I hope that my poetry is something many people can relate to and will enjoy.

Do you have a website, where we can find out more about you about your books?

Yes I do, my website is Ejvanam.4mg.com and there is also a book store on the site where people can purchase signed copies. Ejvanam.4mg.com/store.html

Do you have other books planned for the future?

I have several books planned for the future, new editions to my new children’s series another poetry book, new young adult book and a few other children’s book ideas. There will be much more from me in the future.

Elizabeth thank you for joining us this morning, it has been a pleasure.

Thank you Carmen, it’s been a pleasure being here.





No comments:

Post a Comment